Wednesday, September 1, 2010

letterpress curiosity workshop

While I write this post, out of the corner of my eye I see the perfect spot to but my letterpress machine… no I don’t own one, not yet anyways, but any successful person will agree that the first step to achievement is visualization. Although I’ve been infatuated with letterpress printed stationery for some time, I never really thought seriously about owning my own press. Well, that changed after my wonderful Letterpress Curiosity Workshop with Tanya @ Snap and Tumble. I signed up for the workshop hoping to gain a more complete understanding of the technique and process. I loved everything about the workshop. Mixing colours setting type by hand (I enjoyed that more than I thought I would) I even enjoyed the repetitive motion of running the press. I was so consumed by the process that I didn’t touch my homemade white chocolate macadamia nut cookie (courtesy of Tanya) until mt drive home.

Yes, I made a few mistakes, but I never once felt defeated or frustrated. I LOVE letterpress printing and I’m grateful to Tanya for the experience and her willingness to share her exp
ertise. I only wish the workshop lasted longer!

This is what I made at the workshop!
Tweet This

No comments: